- Creative and technical personnel must be citizens/residents of one of the coproducing country. Participation of third-party country performers, should the coproduction so require, may be permitted, subject to approval by the competent authorities of both countries.
- Third country producers may join the co-production, if their country is linked either to Canada or Switzerland by a films co-production agreement.
- Creative, artistic and technical participation must be proportional to the financial participation of each co-producer (at least 3 technicians, 1 lead actor and 2 supporing actors). Exceptions to the minimum staffing requirements may be approved by the competent authorities of the coproducing countries.
- Location shooting, exterior or interior, in a non-coproducing country, may be authorized if required by the script or action and if technicians from the coproducing countries take part in the shooting.
- Lab work in a third-party country is allowed if technically impossible in the coproducing countries.