Funding bodies

Fund Goal

Doctv Latinamerica is dedicated to the production and distribution of Latin-American documentaries. It is an initiative of CAACI and is officially run by the DOCTV RED, a strategic structure composed of seventeen audiovisual entities and twenty-two public broadcasters in the Latin-American region. Currently...

Get the list of funding programmes

Fund Goal

IBERMEDIA's goals are to promote the development of audiovisual productions destined to the Iberoamerican market and their co-productions, to promote the integration of Iberoamerican companies in supranational audiovisual networks. To create a positive environment for the development, training and exchange...

Get the list of funding programmes


Foreigners belonging to group 1 do not require to have tourist visa to enter the country, but they must have a valid passport for at least six months and sometimes they may be requested to show proof of financial means for their trip. Foreigners from the Group 1 free days allowance for 90 days.

If you plan to work in Bolivia you must not travel to Bolivia on a tourist visa. ALL foreigners in visa groups 2 and 3, must request a specific purpose visa (visa de objeto determinado) if they plan to live and work in Bolivia. You will need a travel visa (or visa for entry into the country). It gives you only 30 days to be in Bolivia, during which time you must begin your residency application process.

Countries listed in group II require a tourist visa, for some of them this visa is free and for others there is a fee. The characteristic for this group is that citizens of such countries can get the visa at any Bolivian consulate quite easily, since the consular authorities do not have to request an authorization to immigration services in La Paz. Citizens in group III have a more difficult time getting the visa, but it is not impossible

The general film permit required for filming around Bolivia and clearing equipment through customs takes about 2 weeks to process. The fee charged depends on the type of shoot (documentary, TVC, TV show, feature film), as well as the amount of time spent in Bolivia. Additional fees for national parks apply Foreign production companies and/or filmmakers who wish to film in Bolivia must comply with the following requirements in order to obtain a permit to film. The purpose of this permit is to protect Bolivian cultural values. The requirements are: (1) a letter addressed to Conacine’s Executive Director, requesting a film permit and enclosing the following documentation: brief of the project; specific theme or topic; planned sites or filming locations; format and estimated length of the product; purpose of the project and intended audience; list of names of the crew; list of equipment to be brought into Bolivia; estimated duration of stay in Bolivia. (2) a copy of the passport or Identification Card of the person in charge of the production in the country of origin as well as while staying in Bolivia. (3) proof of residency (permanent address) of the company or the filmmaker. This document must show the legal address in the country of origin and must be certified by the Bolivian Embassy, Consulate or Diplomatic body in that country. (4) a letter of commitment to deliver a copy of the finished product to the Cinemateca Boliviana for archival purposes.

ATA carnet is not accepted.

The standard VAT rate is 13% on the sale of movable tangible goods.

Social security coverage, through private insurance, is compulsory for all workers, and voluntary coverage is available to the self-employed.  Social security contributions : 16,71 %

Film Commissions

Professional Associations