- the provisional status of coproduction by the competent authorities must be obtained before the first day of shooting
- the coproduction companies must provide evidence that they have the proper technical organization, adequate financial support, recognized professional standing and qualifications to deliver the project AND be registered in accordance with the law and regulations of the 2 countries
- the project must be made and processed up to the first release print in the coproduction countries and when there is a thrid party coproducer, in the country of that coproducer
- If the screenplay or the subject requires to be shot outside of the coproduction countries, it must be authorized by the Competent Authorities
- Individuals participating in the making of the project, i.e. the main cast and crew participating in a Co-production Film, must be citizens or permanent residents of China and Estonia or of the European Union or of the EEA or of the thrid party coproducer's country.
- the participation of personnel (cast and crew) from third party country is eligible in accordance with the law and regulations of the 2 countries
- the Co-producers shall be required to make an effective technical and creative contribution, reasonnably proportional to their financial investment in the project.
- approval of a proposal for the co-production of a film by the Competent Authorities does not imply any permission or authorization to show or distribute the project