- Producers as well as artistic and technical personnel must be nationals/residents of the coproducing countries (or of the EU member states).
- Effective artistic and technical contribution is required.
- Participation of third-party country performers, if required by the coproduction, may be exceptionally permitted.
- Location shooting shall preferably be done in the coproducing countries.
- Exteriorshooting in a third-party country may be permitted if the script or action so requires.
- Third country producers may join the co-production, if their country is linked either to France or Switzerland by a films co-production agreement.