Funding bodies


Visa is nor required for a stay of up to 90 days for the citizens of the following countries: Bahrain,  Hong Kong,  Kuwait,  Macao,  Oman,  Qatar,  Saudi Arabia,  United Arab Emirate.

Visa on arrival is available for the citizens of the following countries: European Union,  Australia,  Canada,  China,  Georgia,  Japan,  Macedonia,  Malaysia,  New Zealand,  Norway,  Republic of Korea,  Russian Federation,  Serbia,  Ukraine,  United States

For more details please consult:

The process of getting permits to shoot on any location of your choice in Egypt is simple and quickly approved after the fulfillment of the legal requirements to the The Egyptian Antiquities Authority, Ministry of Tourism/Culture/ Information/ Interior, National Security,and Censorship Office Foreign Media Accreditation. A foreigner wishing to shoot a feature or documentary film in Egypt is required to obtain a permit from the Ministry of Tourism/Culture/ Information/ Interior. Such permit requirement is applicable to all foreigners who come to shoot films either for profit or nonprofit purpose, with the exception of film establishments which are permanently established and licensed in Egypt.

ATA carnet not accepted

The standard VAT rate is 10%

Original works of literature, art and science, regardless of type, importance or purpose are protected. In order for protection to be effective, the work of art is to be original and includes personal efforts, innovation and new arrangement. The Cultural Affairs' Supreme Council at the Ministry of Culture reserves the right to allow publication of the work of art for documentary, transitional, educational, cultural or scientific use under certain conditions.

The total contribution amounts to an average of around 40% of wages, paid by employees, employers and the government. Employees pay 13 % and 10% of their base and variable earnings, respectively, as contributions while employers pay 17% and 15% on their base and variable earnings respectively

Coproduction treaties