Funding bodies

Fund Goal

MDA's grant schemes are tailored to meet the needs of the media industry. For each stage of the project, fro​​m idea development, to content production, to gaining access to international markets, upskilling talent, as well as enhancing productivity, there is a scheme that can help companies achieve...

Get the list of funding programmes


Visa is required for the those traveling with the documents issued by the following countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh , Commonwealth of Independent States , Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia , Tajikistan   , Uzbekistan , Egypt, Georgia , Ukraine , India , Iran, Iraq, Jordan , Lebanon, Libya, Mali , Morocco, Myanmar , Nigeria , People's Republic of China , Pakistan, Saudi Arabia , Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia , Turkmenistan , Yemen.

Visitors holding these travel documents also require a visa to enter Singapore: Hong Kong Document of Identity, Macao Special Administrative Region (MSAR) Travel Permit, Palestinian Authority Passport, Temporary Passport issued by United Arab Emirates, Refugee Travel Document issued by the Middle-East countries.

For more details please consult:

While filming permits are not required for television or film productions, non-Singaporean filmmakers seeking to film in Singapore are required to submit relevant documents to the Singapore Ministry of Manpower (MOM) and the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA). The Media Development Authority’s (MDA) Location and Media Services desk provides information and assistance on such matters. For location usage, it is usually necessary to seek clearance for most locations from the relevant authorities or property owners. Location charges are dependent on the property owner.

Film & Video Equipment Film & video equipment for on-location filming may be brought into Singapore:

  • If you are working with a local company, you can use the Temporary Import Scheme (  
  • If you are not working with a local company, you can use an ATA Carnet (
Exposed Films & Used Tapes:
  • If you are bringing in rushes / exposed film, please write in to the Location and Media Services desk at, which will issue you a letter to facilitate clearance at Customs.

Copyright protects the expression of ideas (e.g. words and illustrations). Ideas alone are not protected. The following may be protected under copyright law: Literary works (e.g., written works, source codes of computer programs)/ Dramatic works (e.g.,. scripts for films and dramas)/ Musical works (e.g., melodies)/ Artistic works (e.g., paintings, photographs)/ Published editions of the above works/ Sound recordings/ Films/ Television and radio broadcasts/ Cable programmes/ Performances Subject matter not protected by copyright include: Ideas or concepts/ Discoveries/ Procedures/ Methods/ Works or other subject matter that have not be made in a tangible form in a recording or writing/ Subject matter that is not of original authorship. Authors enjoy the exclusive rights to: reproduce the work; publish the work; perform the work in public; communicate the work to the public; and make an adaptation of the work. The producer of a film enjoys the exclusive rights to: make a copy of the film; cause the film to be seen in public; and communicate the film to the public. The broadcaster enjoys the exclusive rights to: make a recording of the broadcast; rebroadcast; communicate the broadcast to the public; and cause the broadcast to be seen or heard by a paying audience. The duration varies according to the type of copyright work concerned. Literary, dramatic, musical and artistic works :70 years from the end of the year in which the author died. Specifically for photographs, or if the work is published after the death of the author, it lasts for 70 years, from the end of the year in which the work was first published. Published editions of literary, dramatic, musical or artistic works (layout): 25 years from the end of the year in which the edition was first published. Sound recordings and films: 70 years from the end of the year in which the sound recording or film was first published. Broadcasts and cable programmes: 50 years from the end of the year of making the broadcast or cable programme.    

Film Commissions


The Singapore Film Commission (SFC) works in four main areas: funding, facilitation, promotion and training. The SFC also encourages local producers to work with international partners to create and distribute strong, compelling films with both international and local appeal. The SFC’s objectives are:...

+ Read more

Coproduction treaties